[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 9 08:32:02 PDT 2006

Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: Truly. I really don't hear too many Arab or Black people saying it's
> racist to say the U.S. spook system may have been involved. This is a
> white-people's version of "racism". If you want to call something "racist",
> check with us first.

That's fucking bullshit and you know it. Why should people have to check with "us"? Is there some kind of group e-mail address for the "us" you speak about?

> For all the white people who think it's racist to suggest the U.S. might
> have been involved in 9/11, ask some Arabs or Black people if they agree
> with you ( if you know any well enough). Well, you "know" me. Ask me .
> Answer: "No".

You are on individual. Any of us on this list have the perfect right to describe something as racist if we want to.

I've described the some of the ideas behind 9/11 conspiracism as racist because they suggest that people of color don't have the agency or brains to have conducted the attacks. When you consciously or unconsciously dismiss the intelligence or capabilities of brown people to conduct spectacle like 9-11 (or the creation of the pyramids, etc.), it becomes very easy to ascribe responsibility for the attacks to the Bush administration.

> Another thing. Emphasizing debunking questioners of the official version of
> 9/11 on the "anniversary" is acting like the leftwing of the Bush propaganda
> offensive that's going on.

Either you are with us or you are against us?

I'm not going to bite my tongue ever to give the conspiracy nuts a break. This weekend Infoshop will feature a new page that collects information and links debunking the 9-11 movement.

>What all leftists should be doing leading up to
> 9/11/06 is making arguments that somehow counter everything Bush and his
> minions are putting out, not fighting with conspiracy theorists of various
> types. You should put a lid on your obsessions with debunking conspiracy
> theorists for this week.

Fuck that shit!

Chuck