[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sat Sep 9 10:42:10 PDT 2006

At around 9/9/06 10:55 am, Charles Brown wrote:
> jthorn65
>
> I get so sick of reading that conspiracist are inheriently racist. It is
> equally as racist to continue to say that this
> attack only succeeded because the white guys fucked up. The Arabs were lucky
> that US plans for dealing with
> such things went awry.
>
> ^^^^
> CB: Truly. I really don't hear too many Arab or Black people saying it's
> racist to say the U.S. spook system may have been involved. This is a
> white-people's version of "racism". If you want to call something "racist",
> check with us first.

;-) Huh! They responded to my (brown guy) questions about 9/11 with accusations of anti-brown racism!! As I mentioned then, I guess there is always the device of "self-hating X" that can be borrowed from the right. Or alternatively, someone psychologized about the lower (my word) races internalizing the master narrative (which I guess is a leftist high-falutin' way of saying 'self-hating X').

> For all the white people who think it's racist to suggest the U.S. might
> have been involved in 9/11, ask some Arabs or Black people if they agree
> with you ( if you know any well enough). Well, you "know" me. Ask me .
> Answer: "No".

Brown guy says "No" (it may be wrong, but it isn't racist. Hell, I will go further and even disagree with Jthorn's version -- I do not even think it is racist to say that some guys were dumb and hence couldn't have flown the plane. Again this view may be wrong, but it's not racist. Racism, from what I can tell, is also about intent. Hence the black guys can call each other 'n-word' and it would be silly to call that racist).

But then I guess we think we are saying "No" but we really aren't. We are still suffering from the years of {slavery|colonialism|genocide} that warps our view of the world. No worries... psychoanalysts are standing by to tell you exactly what you really are thinking or saying. ;-)

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/