[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Sat Sep 9 09:26:06 PDT 2006

Chuck

That's fucking bullshit and you know it. Why should people have to check with "us"? Is there some kind of group e-mail address for the "us" you speak about?

You are on individual. Any of us on this list have the perfect right to describe something as racist if we want to.

^^^^^ CB: "Right" ? The government is not involved in this. The question is whether it is prudent from a genuine anti-racist point of view. You have Black people and other people of color right here on this list you can check with on questions of racism. If you were really interested in fighting the good anti-racist fight, you would use colored counsel respectfully.

^^^^^

I've described the some of the ideas behind 9/11 conspiracism as racist because they suggest that people of color don't have the agency or brains to have conducted the attacks.

^^^^ CB: How many people of color do you know saying that ? ( Do you know any people of color ?)

I don't know anybody of color who thinks it's racist to question the official story. Not one person of color has said that to me. It's all white people. Anytime it's all white people and no colored people saying something is racist, a question should come up in your mind. ^^^^^

When you consciously or unconsciously dismiss the intelligence or capabilities of brown people to conduct spectacle like 9-11 (or the creation of the pyramids, etc.), it becomes very easy to ascribe responsibility for the attacks to the Bush administration.

^^^^^ CB: Your suggestion that I think brown people are not as intelligent or capable as white people is "fucking bullshit".

I don't consider the 9/11 event "intelligent", but besides that, I don't think that Arabs couldn't figure out how to fly airliners. That is not my position. My position is that the U.S. spook system very well may have known about the attack in advance, and didn't stop it. In other words, my position is entirely consistent with the notion that some Arabs _did_ in fact successfully, "intelligently" and "capably" fly the planes into the buildings.

It is no knock on Arab intelligence (no pun) that they were not able to evade detection by U.S. spies.

^^^^^^^^

> Another thing. Emphasizing debunking questioners of the official version
of
> 9/11 on the "anniversary" is acting like the leftwing of the Bush
propaganda
> offensive that's going on.

Either you are with us or you are against us?

^^^^^ CB: That's correct. Left unity. Don't go off doing your own thing all the time, because united we win, divided we lose.

^^^^

I'm not going to bite my tongue ever to give the conspiracy nuts a break. This weekend Infoshop will feature a new page that collects information and links debunking the 9-11 movement.

^^^^^ CB: Of course, off doing your own thing, dividing the left, playing right into the hands of the rightwing.

^^^^^^^

>What all leftists should be doing leading up to
> 9/11/06 is making arguments that somehow counter everything Bush and his
> minions are putting out, not fighting with conspiracy theorists of various
> types. You should put a lid on your obsessions with debunking conspiracy
> theorists for this week.

Fuck that shit!

Chuck