[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 9 10:09:06 PDT 2006

Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: "Right" ? The government is not involved in this. The question is
> whether it is prudent from a genuine anti-racist point of view. You have
> Black people and other people of color right here on this list you can check
> with on questions of racism. If you were really interested in fighting the
> good anti-racist fight, you would use colored counsel respectfully.

Genuine anti-racist point of view? Is there some kind fo high council which decides this? My anti-racist point of view is as valid here are yours or anybody elses. I'm stating my analysis. I don't need to consult with anybody on this list to state my anti-racist viewpoint on the 9/11 conspiracy movement.

> CB: How many people of color do you know saying that ? ( Do you know any
> people of color ?)

I don't know any people of color. I live in a whites-only bubble world.

Jesus H. Christ, what is up with your comments? In a few minutes I'm going to go work at our new infoshop which sits in the middle of the African-American area of Kansas City. Our space sits on the "wrong side of Troost," with Troost being known as the racial dividing line in KC.

Not that any of this personal stuff matters to this conversation.

> I don't know anybody of color who thinks it's racist to question the
> official story. Not one person of color has said that to me. It's all white
> people. Anytime it's all white people and no colored people saying something
> is racist, a question should come up in your mind.

Which question should that be? Have you actually talked to all people of color? Since you are speaking for all of them, I'd like to know something about your polling methods.

> CB: Your suggestion that I think brown people are not as intelligent or
> capable as white people is "fucking bullshit".

Did I say that? Nope.

> I don't consider the 9/11 event "intelligent", but besides that, I don't
> think that Arabs couldn't figure out how to fly airliners. That is not my
> position. My position is that the U.S. spook system very well may have known
> about the attack in advance, and didn't stop it. In other words, my position
> is entirely consistent with the notion that some Arabs _did_ in fact
> successfully, "intelligently" and "capably" fly the planes into the
> buildings.

Then you aren't spouting theories that I'm addressing.

> Either you are with us or you are against us?
>
> ^^^^^
> CB: That's correct. Left unity. Don't go off doing your own thing all the
> time, because united we win, divided we lose.

Wow! Now that's the smelliest bullshit I've heard on this list lately.

Fuck left unity. I'm all for destroying it if it means that people should self-censor their thoughts.

Fuck your motherfucking Central Committee.

> CB: Of course, off doing your own thing, dividing the left, playing right
> into the hands of the rightwing.

You should see how much they are paying me! I get more money from the right wing than David Horowitz!

Let me be the first to throw boulders through the windows of the glass house of "left unity." Especially if "left unity" means marching lockstep behind irrational thinking and cult movements.

Chuck0