[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 9 18:47:50 PDT 2006

Is ChuckO a white person?

If so he absolutely cannot make any argument or make any statement except as a white person.

I cannot make any argument or statement as anything but a red person.

Charles cannot make any argument or statement except as a Black person.

This is who we are, red, white, black, brown, whatever.

I have never met any Native American who thought they could speak as anything but Native.

I've never met any Black person who thought they could speak as anything except a Black person.

Unfortunately I have met too many white people who think they can somehow separate themselves from their background. Only white people it seems can be race neutral in their thinking, the rest of us are stuck with the inability to escape our race and think neutrally like whites can.

Your comment stems from the mistaken idea that white is not a race or special interest group but rather the default human. People making the comment Chuck makes do not necessarily know this is the root of their claim but it most assuredly is.

John Thornton