[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 9 19:14:41 PDT 2006

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Is ChuckO a white person?
>
> If so he absolutely cannot make any argument or make any statement except as a white person.
>
> I cannot make any argument or statement as anything but a red person.
>
> Charles cannot make any argument or statement except as a Black person.
>
> This is who we are, red, white, black, brown, whatever.
>
> I have never met any Native American who thought they could speak as anything but Native.
>
> I've never met any Black person who thought they could speak as anything except a Black person.
>
> Unfortunately I have met too many white people who think they can somehow separate themselves from their
> background. Only white people it seems can be race neutral in their thinking, the rest of us are stuck with the
> inability to escape our race and think neutrally like whites can.
>
> Your comment stems from the mistaken idea that white is not a race or special interest group but rather the
> default human. People making the comment Chuck makes do not necessarily know this is the root of their claim
> but it most assuredly is.

Oh brother, more identity politics. Let's distill all points of view down to race and assume that all people of the same race hold the same position.

That's just liberal identity politics bullshit.

I am making an argument as Chuck, an individual who is a member of this list. I'm not interested in making these arguments personal, but I've found that human nature dictates that people tend to make arguments personal. Instead of playing the ball, they play the player.

I'm not interested in a discussion about this topic that devolves into personal identity.

Oh yes, I'm like every other fucking white person. We all came from the same mold and we've had exactly identical experiences throughout our lives.

Chuck0