[lbo-talk] Alan Wolfe, military groupie

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Sep 10 10:53:46 PDT 2006

<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/10/books/review/Wolfe.html?adxnnl=1&ref=r eview&adxnnlx=1157814627-rABp9FQ0XGy8RlX2wIwt5w>
> <<<<<>>>>>
>
> nyt identification for wolfe at end of article: Alan Wolfe teaches
> political science at Boston College and is the author of "Does
> American Democracy Still Work?"
>
> can't imagine why it doesn't include: and former member of the
> Kapitalistate collective (some listers may recall journal
> Kapitalistate from 1970s, was one i really liked)... mh

Back in his Marxist days, Wolfe published such works as the following. I can't imagine why he would leave these off:

The Rise And Fall Of The `Soviet Threat.' Washington: Institute for Policy Studies, 1979.

The Limits Of Legitimacy: Political Contradictions of Contemporary Capitalism. New York: Free Press, 1977.

The Politics And Society Reader. New York: McKay, 1974. With Ira Katznelson et al.

The Seamy Side Of Democracy: Repression In America. New York: McKay, 1973.

Political Analysis: An Unorthodox Approach. New York: Crowell, 1972. With Charles A. McCoy.

An End To Political Science: The Caucus Papers. New York: Basic Books, 1970. With Marvin Surkin.