[lbo-talk] Hillary and the single-digit protest

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 10 11:37:58 PDT 2006

[No doubt Hillary deserves the traditional single-digit salute, but I hope the primary-vote protest against her reaches double digits this week -- for the reason of "image" cited below in the NY Times. Tasini is one choice I will make with alacrity on Tuesday.]

... Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton has a primary challenger on Tuesday, Jonathan Tasini, a liberal and former union leader who has based his candidacy on opposition to the war in Iraq.

Mrs. Clinton has a huge lead, but she has still spent money on a glossy mailing pleading for a huge primary vote.

A low turnout might skew the result a bit if liberals embrace Mr. Tasini; for image, the Clinton camp wants to limit the protest vote against her to the single digits. ...

<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/10/nyregion/10york.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion&oref=login>

Carl