[lbo-talk] bagels/ethnicity

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Sun Sep 10 13:59:40 PDT 2006

A block from my office in Jerusalem there is a quite decent tasting American style bagel store, but I always feel bad buying bagels from there because it is owned by an extremely nationalist orthodox family, and the place is always full of those Anglophone Zionist Orthodox types that more and more take over Jerusalem and make me happy that I only come to Jerusalem to work. But I keep going to the bagel store, so I guess that I am ideologically weak when it comes to my culinary tastes. On the other hand, that is West Jerusalem for you, I would have to starve myself if I chose places to eat for lunch by the pwner's politics.

Bryan