[lbo-talk] the view from capital

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun Sep 10 20:54:11 PDT 2006

We used to have a word processing pool of about 8 women. They rebelled against their boss & got to self manage. I few had BAs, but no real training.

As computers spread out on campus, each of them took on new responsibilities. One now is in charge of all communications on campus -- telephones, networks, ....

No way could she qualify for the job today. I used to have her talk to my classes to describe her trajectory.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu michaelperelman.wordpress.com