[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery going mainstream

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Sep 10 21:58:52 PDT 2006

martin wrote:

> You're not a good 'wise ass', but I think that you are a sincere person.
> Can you answer the simple question - where did the mug shots come from?
> Can you answer it to your own satisfaction? Don't worry about satisfying
> me.
>
> I don't think you can take mug shots of incinerated corpses.

Well, if you really insist, these questions, like many of those posed by the 9/11 conspiracy movement, are fairly easy to answer.

Where do these shots come from? The usual places where such mug shots and pictures come from:

* From family members - Probably not what happened here, but journalists do this on a daily basis when it comes to crimes. * From police databases - It's possible that some of the skyjackers had been arrested in the past. Getting pictures from local police is not difficult for the feds. * From intelligence files - Some, if not most, of these guys were being monitored by security forces around the world. * From license bureaus - These guys obviously had to get passports and licenses from somewhere. Don't license bureaus store pictures somewhere, which is easier to do now with digital cameras. I believe that several of the terrorists got their drivers licenses from the exact same DMV in Arlington, VA where I got my last VA license.

Chuck