[lbo-talk] the view from capital

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 05:49:49 PDT 2006

>From: ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org>
>
>... None of the years I spent learning Math and
>Computer Science has made me better-equipped to cope with the world. ...

Believe me, you're better equipped than someone burdened by a liberal arts background. It's been said that the liberal arts teach you how to enjoy life without the high-paying job they prevent you from getting. But I don't think they're even successful at that anymore. Having spent many frustrating years as a ghostwriter trying to give the crass, inchoate effusions of corporate technocrats a veneer of logic and erudition, I am sorry I didn't pay more attention in math class as a youth and become a civil engineer.

Carl