[lbo-talk] more fan mail

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Sep 11 15:28:56 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> [another listener reaction to my interview with the Pop Mechanics guy]
>
> Behind the News! With Doug Henwood
>
> Behind the News? I could hardly believe my ears! The mass media has
> finally infiltrated
> WBAI or should I say Doug Henwood. Mr. Henwood's interview with the
> editor of
> POPULAR MECHANICS was a new low. What happened on 9/11 was the
> beginning of
> Bush's blood war on so called terrorism! The Achilles heel of the Bush
> Administration is 9/11. To open the airways of WBAI to a corporate
> shill and to play the
> fool by not asking one comeback question. Maybe Mr. Henwood has
> forgotten that
> WBAI is the Peace and Freedom listener sponsored station. WBAI comes
> many times
> during the year for the listeners to provide money for the station.
> For what? Turn on your
> Mass Media and you will get this same 9/11 whitewash 24/7. 36% of the
> American
> people do not buy what Mr. Henwood as well as many, many members of WBAI.
> Over and over Mr. Henwood had his guest referred to us as conspiracy
> theorists.
> The use of labeling is an old right wing ploy. I had more then enough.
> I suggest Mr.
> Henwood move his liberal neocon show to NPR and Talk Radio where it
> belongs. Oh
> yes, by the way, every strawman set up by you and your corporate shill
> has already been
> answered!

Hilarious. The person complains about your use of labels and then proceeds to call you a liberal neocon.

I called Tony Snow in a chat message today by a local 9/11 conspiracy zealot. I blocked messages from him and then he proceeded to create 3 new profiles which he used to insult me. After he threatened to continue calling me names using chat for the rest of the day, I just turned Trillian off.

I had the misfortune today to hear something called "Pacifica Radio News" with some woman named Avery Brown. This news piece was supposed to be some kind of news update, but this afternoon's installment devoted a minute to replaying audio from the Loose Change video that was aired on Democracy Now this morning.

So I switched stations to 96.5 The Buzz. I was getting tired of the white liberal hippy music anyway.

Is the 9/11 crap popular on other Pacifica affiliates as well? Doug has talked about stations using 9/11 conspiracy videos to raise money during pledge drives.

I hope that this 9/11 stuff fades into the woodwork after this week. It's really sad to see so many intelligent comrades get suckered into believing this nonsense. It's like watching a bunch of your atheist friends start going to the local Southern Baptist church.

Chuck