[lbo-talk] IMF Chairman Says Russia Guilty of Resource Nationalism

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 09:19:50 PDT 2006

--- Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Who would have imagined that 16 years after the fall
> of the Berlin wall, the remnants of a "left" would
> be
> reduced to cheering on economic tribalism?

Because we care about the living conditions of actually existing living people, are happy when they improve rapidly before our eyes, and do not have the luxury of living in rich countries like Germany?

Incidentally, the Russian big business class is predominantly Jewish, 6 out of the 7 original oligarchs being Jews, so the "keeping it out of Jewish hands" comment was a bit whacky. What do you think Abramovich is? He's the richest guy in the country. Deripaska?