[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery going mainstream

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 20:36:04 PDT 2006

On 9/13/06, ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> wrote:

> At around 13/9/06 10:48 pm, Jerry Monaco wrote:
>

> > I truly wish that the 9/11 conspiracy story tellers would get a real
> > life and watch Star Trek or X files instead of bothering this list. I
> > don't know what is worsel apathy or believing that 9/11 was a grand
> > conspiracy that changed our lives. So many United Statsians believe
> > that anything that happens to them must be really "special".
> > Self-centered.
>

> You too Jerry? Come on man... you are capable of better than this sort
> of thing!
>
> --ravi

Oh, you are right Ravi. I am just annoyed.

And when ever I write anything nice about the 9/11 guys, (like I don't think most are racist or that they are only as crazy as most of us USers) I get hundreds of emails in my box, my own email posts get passed along to people I don't know who reply to me in strange detail and stranger syntax trying to prove to me that a dozen firemen must have planted explosives in WTC 7 and knocked it down. They really and truly believe that if they show 9/11 was pulled of by somebody in the White House basement something magical will happen. And I don't use the word magical lightly. They believe and believe and believe that the magic will happen and we can finally solve our problems. I mean why do they keep on trying to convince _me_ to believe the magic. And truly I listen to them, like I talk to the people who try to sell me the Watchtower or convert me to Mormonism, and the Watchtower people are the most rational of the three. Why couldn't they all do something truly useless and nonproductive but very worthy like campaign for Tasini in New York or play chess or learn set theory? (I could direct them to a good website.) Or just read poetry on the corner. When I came to New York I used to run into corner poets all the time. Now I only run into Jews for Jesus and 9/11 storytellers.

Madonna mia!

Sorry, annoyed again. You are right, though.

Jerry

P.S. I do believe that Woj, Chuck and Pug belong to the same club. They might even be different aspects of the same split personality. The true dialectic. The real trinity. (And let me now extend my apologies to Woj, Chuck and the man from Apulia for comparing them to the trinity.)

JM -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060913/3f83c8a2/attachment.htm>