[lbo-talk] Tony Judt on the death of liberalism in America

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Thu Sep 14 12:27:04 PDT 2006

>Why does anybody care what kind of socio-economic
>organization the Sandanistas had? What is important is
>whether or not Nicaraguans lived better with or
>without them.

Would this be more objectionable if, to be US-centric, we substituted "Democrats" for "Sandanistas" and "Americans" for "Nicaraguans"? Which is to say, how many leftists throughout the world would agree that "what is important is whether or not Americans lived better with or without" the American duopoly?