identity (Re: [lbo-talk] Tony Judt on the death of liberalism inAmerica)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 07:39:44 PDT 2006

On 9/15/06, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't want to spend anymore time on such a
> meta-discussion, so my last word on this is will be
> the following:
>
> Leninology is also a recently posting list member who
> remains anonymous. The fact that nobody seems
> bothered by his anonymity seems proof that the issue
> is not my anonymity, but rather what I say.
>
> And as far as attention seeking, it is others who call
> attention to my anonymity. If someone sincerely
> thinks I am a troll, then it would seem to me that
> ignoring a troll would be the best course of action.

As you know, I do not know "who you are" in the sense of social identity, but I (think I) understand where you are coming from politically; and you are certainly entitled to your persona* (though I'm a little jealous of the name that you have assumed, as I am very much fond of Walter Benjamin).

This is just a note about the "Lenin" of Leninology: most of us know who "Lenin" is. You can see his real name and pretty face at <http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/seymour261105.html>. :->

* Foucault wished he could publish his work as a "masked philosopher," anonymously, because "the effects of the book might land in unexpected places and form shapes that I had never thought of. A name makes reading too easy." -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>