[lbo-talk] This time in English: Spiegel on Germany/Near East

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Sep 16 05:48:36 PDT 2006

Chris Doss wrote:

>There are only a very few countries that can
> really lay claim to the title of "great power," and
> Germany ain't one of them. They are the United States,
> China, Russia, and India.

Chris is very generous when he says India is great power, but I don't agree with him. I don't think India can be regarded as "great power" at this point in time. As for China: China appears to be in a extremely vulnerable position. How long the present day Chinese state will survive is anybody's guess. IMO one party dictatorship is an anachronism in the contemporary politics.

Ulhas