[lbo-talk] This time in English: Spiegel on Germany/Near East

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 16 05:57:07 PDT 2006

--- uvj at vsnl.com wrote:

> Chris is very generous when he says India is great
> power, but I don't agree with him. I don't think
> India can be regarded as "great power" at this point
> in time.

Probably more accurate to say India is one of the only "sovereign" powers capable of a more-or-less independent policy. (That list would be the US, China, Russia, India, Iran, Japan, and North Korea, maybe Brazil.)

In any case, I would wager that India's current global geopolitical "weight" is probably greater than that of Germany.