[lbo-talk] Re: Eisenstein and Anger [as in Kenneth]

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Sep 17 10:29:21 PDT 2006

Look, at the end of "M," Peter Lorre gets to make a speech, and it's a pretty good speech. You leave the theater thinking that maybe good isn't as good as you thought; and bad isn't as bad.

Hitch on the other hand is a very gifted one-trick pony. You never walk away from his movies questioning the categories of good and evil. With Hitch, good is good; bad is bad; and sex/death is there for the little frisson that leads everyone to think that he's deep. He's not.

But I grant I haven't seen Frenzy. I'll give it a try.

Joanna