[lbo-talk] KPFA Election

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 07:56:47 PDT 2006

Marc Sapir (marcsapir at comcast.net)

+Add contact

Chandra Hauptman (chcats at lmi.net); Joe Wanzala (jwanzala at hotmail.com); Richard Phelps (phelpsmediation at aol.com); Sepideh2 (sepidehkpfalsb at yahoo.com)

Carol Spooner (wildrose at pon.net)

FW: WDRC for KPFA event Sunday September 24

Attachments:

Security scan upon download

Fundraiser9.24Flyer.pdf (40.4 KB)

Attachments, pictures, and links in this message have been blocked for your privacy.

Show content

Please share this news that the Wellstone Democratic Club has endorsed aslate of candidates for KPFA Board promoted and supported specificallyby core staff, and will raise funds at an endorsement party. I wasunder the impression that fundraising was not an approved part of theBoard elections, but apparently I was wrong. I was also under theimpression that Staff elect their own reps and listeners their own. Themessage below is transparent in making clear that core staff is publiclypresenting their own slate of listener candidates. There may be only afine line between individual staff members endorsing particularcandidates and a group of staff putting forward an entire slate ofcandidates but I think there is, nevertheless, a distinction between thetwo ideas and actions. Apparently the staff who are promoting thisslate and raising money for them see no conflict of interest in theiractions, but are they not attacking the fundamental fairness regardinggovernance that was adjudicated and agreed upon within the courtsettlement? -----Original Message-----From: WDRC at yahoogroups.com [mailto:WDRC at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf OfKatz, JohnSent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:03 PMTo: WDRC at yahoogroups.comSubject: FW: WDRC for KPFA event Sunday September 24Importance: High Dear WDRC, Enclosed is a flyer inviting all supporters of a renewed KPFA to come toa campaign kick-off event and fundraiser for the slate of candidatesendorsed for the KPFA Local Station Board by the Wellstone Club and ourpartner organization in this effort, the Concerned Listeners for KPFA.This is an opportunity to meet the candidates and shmooze with some ofthe on air staff that is supporting their candidacies, including LarryBensky, Bonnie Simmons, Phil Maldari, Sasha Lilley, and Mark Mericle. The event will be this Sunday September 24th from 3-6 at ConnHallinan's home (one of the candidates) , 3033 Dana st. (near Prince) inBerkeley. The same large beautiful home where Jerry Mc Nerney held hisfundraiser last Saturday. Hope to see you there. John Katz -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060921/94f3acff/attachment.htm>