[lbo-talk] Chomsky now at No. 1 on Amazon, No. 2 at Barnes & Nobl

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 23 22:15:55 PDT 2006

Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: Yea, it's much more important that a "brilliant" gringo like Jon Stewart
> lampoon a genuine representative and leader of the working classes of the
> world than that there be a forceful critique of capitalism and imperialism
> at the UN.

Jon Stewart is just a comedian and doesn't claim to be anything else.

Chavez a "genuine" representative and leader of the working classes?

Somebody is spreading the American leftist hogwash pretty thickly this weekend. I'm sure that more than a few actual working class Venezuelans would laugh at this description of Chavez as the avatar of their interests.

Chuck