[lbo-talk] chavez, bush, the devil and jon stewart

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 23 22:28:44 PDT 2006

Carrol Cox wrote:

> There is no devil, but taking it metaphorically, the current resident of
> the White House (now, in the past 50 years, and in the forseeable
> future) represents about as good a stand-in for the devil as I can
> imagine.

I think that it would be more politically accurate to say that all Americans are the "devil" when to comes to what the U.S. does to the rest of the world. Bush is just a manifestation of a system that all Americans are complict in. Even the anti-war movement is complicit because its members take no risks to end the current wars or challenge and subvert American imperialism on American soil.

Let me explain how pathetic the antiwar liberal left is these days. President Bush recently made a fundraising trip to Kansas City. The local anti-war crowd put together a boring protest across the street from the house that Bush visited. They consulted with the police beforehand. The police fenced off an area with police tape. My source tells me that he and a friend covertly cut this tape. The pathetic left-liberals were so scared that their little police fence had been sabotaged, that they enlisted a few people to hold the police tape up!

This is why the anti-war movement has devolved to a bunch of sanctimonious white liberals waving signs about the war from the comfort of a sidewalk. No self-respecting working class person is going to join a movement dominated by liberal sissies and cowards who actively police themselves.

We need more Mookies throwing trash cans...

Chuck