[lbo-talk] chavez, bush, the devil and jon stewart

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Sep 24 08:01:32 PDT 2006

Blackmail wrote:
> um, but you didn't even attend, so what's with the prescriptive commentary?

Your question is irrelevant. I've attended several peace protests in Kansas City and I know the people involved. I drive by the location of this protest every day, in fact, yesterday I drove by the mansion owned by the Russell Stover executive who was visited by Bush. Some woman was out there putting up signs for the Republican congressional candidate, replacing signs that had been vandalized by local Democrats.

I don't see why I shouldn't be criticizing the antwar movement in my community, especially given that more than a few people who attended are upset with the timidity and self-censorship of these protests.

I didn't go because I think that protesting Bush is a fucking waste of time.

Chuck