[lbo-talk] re: holocaust denial, bill cosby, and good americans (was: Ahmadinejad will not speak at CU)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 24 12:29:56 PDT 2006

On Sep 24, 2006, at 2:34 PM, Michael Pugliese wrote:

> > Huh? Chomsky's blurbing books by lunatic anti-Semites? What's the
>> blurb say exactly? And is it really a blurb provided by Chomsky or
>> something appropriated by Shamir?
>>
>> Doug
>
> You would have to ask the Noamster himself.This is the book Flowers
> of Galilee : the collected essays of Israel Shamir / Tempe, AZ :
> Dandelion Books, c2004

You posted the news that Chomsky "blurbed" the book - what did this alleged blurb actually say? There's no evidence of it in Shamir's website <http://www.israelshamir.net>, or the page of the site devoted to this book <http://www.israelshamir.net/Reviews/ Reviews.htm>. Shamir appears to be buddies with Blankfort and Neumann, who are hostile to Chomsky's view of Israel as doing the US's imperial work, whereas they think the US has been hijacked by the Zionists. So produce the quote, Michael, and its source and context, or I'll have to conclude you've joined the Chomsky-smearing party.

Doug