[lbo-talk] Chomsky now at No. 1 on Amazon, No. 2 at Barnes & Nobl

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Sep 25 07:56:00 PDT 2006

While I think the rhetoric of Chavez speech was silly the speech wasn't intended for me but rather for his domestic audience so who gives a shit what I think. The fact that Chavez can say "I don't give a fuck what the US thinks about my speech because it isn't for them" is interesting to me partly because he didn't make this speech at home but to an international audience.

John Thornton

^^^^^^^

CB: Yes, John, I think Chavez's audience was primarily the peoples of the Non-Aligned Nations. He's a proletarian internationalist.