[lbo-talk] value form

abu hartal abuhartal at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 05:31:42 PDT 2006

I am mystified by the expression the imperatives of the value form.

But if class power is organized precisely through the value form--the production of commodities by means of the labor power hawked by wage laborers--then what sense does it make to give the latter some kind of priority over the former? Is class power sacrificed at the altar of the value form? What would this mean? But what then of national protections for capital? Or the restrictions on the emigration of labor in the cotton crisis of 1863? In other words, it seems that the opposite is more likely true--the value form is often regulated to bolster class power.

I would not want to dissolve the realties of class power in the mist of the so called imperatives of a demiurgical value form.

Abu Hartal

_________________________________________________________________ Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/