[lbo-talk] imperatives of the value form and other gibberish

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Tue Sep 26 07:13:00 PDT 2006

At 12:31 PM +0000 26/9/06, abu hartal wrote:

>I am mystified by the expression the imperatives of the value form.

That's the point, this sort of impenetrable jargon is meant to impress you with the writers' academic lexicon, while disguising the fact that they have nothing whatever to say. Its a kind of abstract art form which dares not speak its name (at least not in a way anyone would understand.)

I see you're picking up the art yourself:

>I would not want to dissolve the realties of class power in the mist of the so
>called imperatives of a demiurgical value form.

Beautiful! Let's see anyone argue with that!

(You were taking the piss there, weren't you? Tell me you weren't serious...)

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas