[lbo-talk] Russia: No restitution of property nationalized after 1917 - government

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 09:35:22 PDT 2006

joanna 123hop at comcast.net:

>I totally do hope the Romanovs move back however.
That
>wouldest rock.

Why? People need to practice being lickspittles again?

Joanna

Because Russia needs reconciliation. Demonizing the Tsarist era is as stupid as demonizing the Soviet era. They wouldn't have any power, just be private citizens. Plus, they would be on TV all the time. That would be cool, like living history, sort of. I read an interview with Grand Duke Nicolas recently (Nicolas II's nephew), and he seemed quite the nice old chap. He talked a bit about the family's Mongol roots.

The Romanovs deserve a few squares and monuments, I think. They were part of the country's history for 300 years and oversaw a lot of its advancements. It's fuckin' stupid that Moscow has no Peter the Great or Catherine the Great squares. They both deserve something. Something big.