[lbo-talk] Russia: No restitution of property nationalized after 1917 - government

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 09:52:23 PDT 2006

Well Chris, it would rock for the worst reasons. Restitution would be like appointing new oligarchs - I thought Russia finally got of these folks. Plus, one has to seriously wonder why there was such a violent revolution against the Romanovs. Let's keep them in history, not the present or the future....... I am an eternal enemy of the Bolsheviks, but I do understand why Russia needed a change in 1917..... Most in Russia agree.

joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

Chris Doss wrote:

>I totally do hope the Romanovs move back however. That
>wouldest rock.

Why? People need to practice being lickspittles again?

Joanna