[lbo-talk] Political puerility on parade

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 11:47:50 PDT 2006

[Har-har-fucking-HAR-dee-har-har]

Punch Lines for Pakistan's President Jon Stewart Laughs It Up With Musharraf

By Libby Copeland Washington Post Staff Writer September 27, 2006

The president of Pakistan has been in the United States lately to discuss matters of global importance and -- in his spare time -- to flog a memoir. Last night he appeared on Comedy Central's "Daily Show" with Jon Stewart, where he demonstrated both a sense of humor and a deep desire to sell "In the Line of Fire," which, incidentally, is now available on Amazon.com for the low, low price of $16.80, plus shipping and handling.

Following Pakistani custom, Stewart started off by offering Gen. Pervez Musharraf some tea. He also gave Musharraf the "American delicacy" known as a Twinkie.

"Is it good?" Stewart asked, then followed up with: "Where's Osama bin Laden?"

"I don't know," Musharraf replied, as the audience roared with laughter. " You know where he is? You lead on, we'll follow you."

Has it really come to this? ...

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/26/AR2006092601582.html>

Carl