[lbo-talk] Andy Stern Interview

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 12:26:08 PDT 2006

On 9/28/06, gboozell at juno.com <gboozell at juno.com> wrote:
> I'm producing a program which will feature an interview with SEIU
> head, Andy Stern. If anyone has questions they'd like posed to
> him, please let me know. Maybe we can work them in.

"Are you in favor of publicly-funded, single-payer, universal health care? If so, what is SEIU doing to help establish it in the USA? If not*, why not?"

* Cf. <blockquote>A Telephone Worker Responds to Andy Stern on Single Payer Health Care E-MAIL PAGE PRINT PAGE EN ESPAÑOL

In a June 16th speech at the Brookings Institute in Washington, Andrew Stern, SEIU President, attacked a Canadian style single payer health care system as irrelevant to the U.S. A report on his speech, filed by Press Associates (PAI), was posted on the International Labor Communications Association (ILCA) website at: <http://www.ilcaonline.org/ht/display/ArticleDetails/i/14557>

Video and Transcript of Stern's speech. <http://www.kaisernetwork.org/health_cast/hcast_index.cfm?display=detail&hc=1768>

<http://www.pnhp.org/news/2006/july/a_telephone_worker_r.php></blockquote> -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>