[lbo-talk] rethinking marxism

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Sep 28 19:23:46 PDT 2006

Yoshie wrote:

> Given our complete inability to have any positive impact on the rest
> of the world (or even ourselves and our fellow countrymen and women
> nowadays in the US, the UK, and Japan)

Whence this obsession with equating the sinking ship of the USS Empire with the Western Left? The oiligarchy is deeply unpopular and its Terror War is bogged down in the sand, SEIU continues to grow its membership, Japan's predatory neoliberals have been effectively stymied by the Chinese and Korean developmental states, and the Euroleft continues to win victories. And don't get me started on the aesthetic revolution being unleashed by the videogame culture...

-- DRR