Faulkner, was Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Night Watch

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Fri Sep 29 14:45:51 PDT 2006

>From my vague recollection of bits of texts read many decades ago when I
still used to read fiction, and bits of material quoted recently elsewhere, I think it should be considered illegal to use the two words Chekhov and Pinter in the same paragraph. Faulkner, Hemmingway, Fitzgerald... Steinbeck? whatever. Now that the cold war is over, can we drop the pretence? Huh? Please? What next? Naipaul. Kids these days!!! Hell, old Dubya is reading Camus!

Of course that's all just my opinion, not to be confused with flame bait ;-) But speaking of "also-rans" -- who exactly are Harold Pinter and Patrick White, again? The names ring distant bells... ah yes... the anti-war dude. Good guy.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/