[lbo-talk] Paul Craig Roberts on US class war

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Sep 30 18:08:09 PDT 2006

PCR's awakening to the (white) working class is parallel to his and others' growing hysteria about fear of a non-white planet. I think we need an official disengagement with these characters (Kinky too). I wouldn't dignify this discourse with the 'class war' designation. It's really race war, with the working class as code... Max Sawicky

-----------

Could you expand on this a little. I don't understand the connection between outlining the domestic labor consequences (vanishing middle class jobs) of the neoliberal globalization of labor markets and racism.

The only connection I can see is that the white middle class didn't start complaining until their fields (white collar and high tech) got hit.

The only other connection I can think of is a little indirect. The connection relies on idea that the US is the last hold out of white civilization and is in danger of losing its glorious stature as such, under the onslaught of the dark masses at the bottom flowing in by land, air and sea... So we need to close our borders to these terrorists, reconstruct our domestic manufacturing, industry and businesses and fill them with good white stock so we can breed, multiply and prosper. Or something like that...

I guess this is the idea behind Michael Pugliese's second post:

``Whites are shrinking into a minority even within their own countries. Massive uncontrolled legal and illegal immigration, together with collapsing fertility rates of whites everywhere, foretell a vanishing race.

In the U.S. whites are no longer a majority in California. Many are now leaving the state looking for a place to live that bears some resemblance to the country they grew up in. Before a lifetime passes, there will be no place. In 1998 President Clinton boasted to a cheering Portland State University audience that by 2050 whites would be a minority in America. No other nation in history, he said, has gone through demographic change of this magnitude in so short a time.'' (PCR)

Is that what you mean?

But this presents a problem. First of all I more or less agree that the dismantling of US production all across the industrial spectrum was a vast economic mistake and was a class war of the wealthy few who wanted more and could care less what happened to the millions of underlings out of their jobs. The economic message was screw you. Go serve burgers, wash dishes, clean crap off wheelchairs, whatever.

On the other hand now that process has become an accomplished fact, all those burgers, dishes, and `healthcare service' workers are now mostly immigrants and minorities (aka the working class majority). If by some miracle of history, the US suddenly began to reconstruct itself as an industrial and production giant, guess who would benefit most? All those struggling at the bottom. The very first day a new production plant employment office opened it would be swamped with the dark hordes---who if they were recent immigrants would be the only qualified work force available, since they left their countries and took their manual, skilled, and craft labor here for better pay. In other words, they (and only they) hold the exact skills and work ethic that could accomplish the industrial reconstruction of the US.

So, following this understanding of the conditions, leads the more astute racist neoliberal hegemon to the conclusion it is better to drive outsourcing even harder to expandthe top tier into an overlord class that can rule over the vast hordes below. If a few white guys get lost, too bad. Feed them some family values shit and forget'm.

CG