[lbo-talk] Paul Craig Roberts on ???

Rakesh Bhandari bhandari at berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 30 20:05:47 PDT 2006

Ah Max you've become critical of that volksy kind of criticism? When did you become skeptical of populism? Yours Rakesh

http://www.mail-archive.com/pen-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu/msg59650.html

http://archives.econ.utah.edu/archives/pen-l/2001m08.4/msg00136.htm

Obviously there are multiple dimensions. PCR's awakening to the (white) working class is parallel to his and others' growing hysteria about fear of a non-white planet. I think we need an official disengagement with these characters (Kinky too). I wouldn't dignify this discourse with the 'class war' designation. It's really race war, with the working class as code.

I'm reading Niall Ferguson's account of the rise of the Nazis and all the Splengerian race fear has a lot of overlap.

I might say NF himself is a genteel version of the same thing, though I haven't finished his book yet.

mbs