[lbo-talk] How to explain things to (right-wing) libertarians

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 1 05:14:08 PDT 2007

On 3/31/07, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There is a lot of scholarly work on "getting to yes,"
> attorneys have to deal with this all the time.

If you have any recommendations about something to read on negotiating, I'd appreciate it.

I just looked at the wikipedia pages on it. Looks like the Fisher, Ury, Patton book _Getting to Yes_ looks like a sane intro. Counsels against common traps and mistakes.

Hmm, I guess negotiation is about cooperation among people with antagonisms, differing power and incomplete information about each other... Between people being at least a little bit prickish to each other, I guess. ;) Otherwise it'd just be "planning" or something.

Tayssir