[lbo-talk] Dennis Kucinich

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Apr 1 19:02:54 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> This is ludicrous. The left, whatever that is exactly, in the U.S. is
> small and weak. It has no chance of electing a president, or even of
> significantly influencing a presidential campaign. It's a waste of
> time to think otherwise, though that didn't stop the Nader campaign.
> The left, whatever that is, would be better off spending time at
> lower levels of politics - city, state, even the House of
> Representatives, but the presidency is a lost cause.

Can you help me make the same point with the few voting anarchists out there?

I keep telling them that our numbers are so small, that the two parties don't care who we vote for, so we might as well stick to our principles and go forward with tactics that match those principles.

Kucinich strikes me as being like those creepy liberal guys I run into at parties who want to talk about 9/11 and the JFK assassination. I'm so damn polite and my Lutheran niceness makes it hard to find an out when these guys corner me.

Please! Let me go flirt with some women! I don't want to talk about thermite! This is a party fer chrissakes!

Chuck