[lbo-talk] French set new rail speed record

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Apr 6 10:15:22 PDT 2007

Jordan Hayes wrote:
> Chuck writes:
>

>>My trip to S.F. several weeks ago:
>>Kansas City to Chicago to San Francisco
>>Return: Oakland to Dallas to KC
>

> There are two airlines who will fly you to the bay area non-stop three
> times daily from MCI, including Southwest for $99 each way if you plan
> ahead. Why you chose the long way is anyone's guess.

This must mean that Expedia wasn't showing me all of the options. Granted I did book these flights less than a month in advance.

I'm a bit leery of Southwest, since I refer to it as "Air Greyhound" based on the times when I flew from D.C. to the West Coast. Sometimes you'd get on a Southwest flight not knowing where it would stop during the "nonstop" flight to the connecting airport.

Chuck