[lbo-talk] You Can't Make Me Talk

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 6 11:10:58 PDT 2007

Miles Jackson wrote:

> Yes. Moreover, we have plenty of examples of people effectively
> allocating resources in various groups and organizations without market
> "signals":

I've never particularly participated in this debate (or even read the posts on it), because I have never yet seen anyone really defend the assumption that we _need_ to have an efficient allocatin of resources.

What's wrong with an inefficient allocation? (Actually, I can see all sorts of things wrong with efficiency, but very few things really wrong with ineffieciency.)

Carrol