[lbo-talk] dire words from IPCC

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 6 13:28:21 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Once again, I'm 100% with Chuck. Having a kid made me take global
> warming more personally, but even before that it scared me. But not
> to paralysis or fatalism or collapsism (I like that one!). It's as if
> all the crisis theorists just found another pole of doom to hang
> their hats on.

As Dwayne points out, nothing we do now will prevent a huge climactic change. If you are interested in the next generation you damn well better give primary attention to building social relations that can survive with some decency in that world. This is not fatalism. Your position amounts to trying to solve Katrina by dipping out the water with a thimble.

Carrol