[lbo-talk] You Can't Make Me Talk

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 6 20:34:39 PDT 2007

On 4/6/07, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Sure, there are information problems, but with modern
> > > computers, WalMart methods ,etc. it seems a lot more doable.
>
> It's at this point that I get off, because when I try to explain
> what the issues are, I don't seem to be able to make my ideas clear
> enough so that I get relevant responses that actually join with what
> seems to me to be the main points. It's very frustrating and not
> helpful.
>
> There is a large literature, some of it pretty accessible;
> interested people can read and find someone else to talk about it
> with.

Does anyone know where a nice explanation of this is? I'm very curious.

I think there's something sensible in the notion that decentralized systems offer efficiency, but I suspect von Mises' error is to assume that market economies offer the only decentralized forms of econ cooperation.

And of course, there's often tradeoffs; for example, some may argue dictatorship has the least amount of bureaucracy. But what if there's other factors leading to more bureaucracy? (Like need for police and prisons.)

Tayssir