[lbo-talk] The Political Economy of Carbon Trading

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Apr 7 06:26:25 PDT 2007

LRB http://www.lrb.co.uk/

Vol. 29 No. 7 dated 5 April 2007

The Political Economy of Carbon Trading http://www.lrb.co.uk/v29/n07/mack01_.html

Donald MacKenzie

Universities contain rooms and buildings that academics never enter, such as boiler houses. At my university, Edinburgh, some of the meters in these boiler houses now have two roles: as well as determining our gas bills, they measure, indirectly, our emissions of carbon dioxide. The meters have become part of the European Union's Emissions Trading Scheme, and thus are part of a microcosm of what may become a worldwide carbon market. http://www.lrb.co.uk/v29/n07/mack01_.html