[lbo-talk] how many Americans go to church, and why?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Apr 7 06:55:31 PDT 2007

On Apr 7, 2007, at 9:07 AM, jrdavis wrote:

> Americans really don't attend church as much as they claim to. Here
> is a link to an article which summarizes a study done in the late
> 90's which compared actual church attendence in one county in Ohio
> with a poll done in that county.
>

> http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=237

Thank you! I read about that study years ago and always wanted to track it down.

I said earlier the small town/rural South is a small part of the U.S. pop. In the 2000 Census, the nonmetro pop was 22% of the U.S. total, and the Southern nonmetro/rural pop was 8% of the U.S. total. But those are the "real" people in some eyes, aren't they?

Doug