[lbo-talk] Imus

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 11:00:32 PDT 2007

> Nice take. You say that Imus wouldn't refer to Jews that way.
> According to an email from FAIR, he once called Washington Post
> reporter Howard Kurtz a "boner-nosed... beanie-wearing Jewboy."
> Surprised he got away with that one!
>
> Doug

Yeah -- I caught that after I posted. But that crack aside, my point still stands: Imus would never slander Jews with the same frequency that he has blacks, Arabs, queers, etc. Plus, a lot of media folk dislike Kurtz, so yeah, that line was overlooked -- but it wouldn't be if it was part of a larger pattern.

Dennis