[lbo-talk] not much time to avert catastrophic temp rise

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Apr 11 08:59:11 PDT 2007

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> [WS:] Why do you keep calling them "liberals," Chuck? The re are not
> liberals, they are populists. "Liberalism" which in confused US political
> jargon means what other countries call "social democracy" supports public
> institutions as the guardians of public interests. Populism, otoh, accords
> that role to individuals (the loonier, the better), and their loose
> assemblies, aka "movements" (which for the most part are downright
> lunacies.)

How about calling them "middle class fools"?

I'll be impressed when "reducing your carbon footprint" involves DIY classes on how to make Molotov cocktails.

The problem is capitalism, not global warming.

I will reduce my carbon footprint tomorrow by flying to New York.

I'll let everybody know if I see Al Gore sitting in one of the back rows with the rest of us lumpen proles.

;-)

Chuck