[lbo-talk] China (was: The Iraq Policy of the U.S. Ruling Class )

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:50:00 PDT 2007

Would it be invitation to oversimplification if I asked if people on this list who hold a particular assessment or opinion of China, to put theirs forth in brief if possible? The only large developing nation to make a quantum leap into successful mass industrialization, under the auspices of a nominally communist government, but I don't really know what the scope of opinion is on what their government is doing from the left. Degraded workers state? Worst of both worlds, stanlinst neoliberalism? Hope-inspiring developmentalist rising power?

What do informed lbo people feel about contemporary china?