[lbo-talk] Activ(ist)ism on demand

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:52:40 PDT 2007

Some of my undergraduate students and fellow Graduate students are participating in this,

http://www.floatinglabcollective.org/intro.html

I don't know what to call it except for something like a happening. But the idea is that people online <http://www.floatinglabcollective.org/remote.html> (or those on the street during the performance) send in their request for protest and then the different protest groups around DC will put your slogan on a banner and chant something for three minutes.

I can't decide, based on their description of the project, <http://www.floatinglabcollective.org/e1.html> whether they are being earnest about this as a method of protest or are pointing out its rather staid environment of political protest by taking "activistism"

http://www.lipmagazine.org/articles/featfeatherstone_activistism.shtml

to the logical extreme. s