[lbo-talk] Police brutality

tfast tfast at yorku.ca
Mon Apr 16 11:21:18 PDT 2007

> I try to focus on the interesting things you
> contribute here and ignore the carping but then you go
> totally jackass on us and make it extraordinarily,
> almost excruciatingly difficult.

There is not much to be said to a person that does not understand that officials of the state should be held to a higher standard then your average thug. I would explain the concept of the rule of law and all that entails in democracy but I am sure the subtlety would be lost on Woj. He seems incapable of understanding that police brutality threatens to bring the whole system of justice in to disrepute.

There is some irony here of course because Woj says he behind the criminal justice system. In fact, it might just be the case that those of us who carp about police brutality are the ones mounting the "real ideological" defence of the criminal justice system. But then, given this involves three moves of thought, it violates Woj's crude empiricist process of comprehension.

Travis