[lbo-talk] the virginina university massacre

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:36:12 PDT 2007

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the profiling you and Woj suggest works adequately. (I don't believe that it would - I still remember the police playing "catch and release" with the Beltway sniper because their pet shrinks had told them to find a white guy - but I'll let that pass for now.) What then?

Who would be subjected to the observation necessary for a sufficient profile, and how? More importantly, what would be done with someone who "fit the profile"? Which of their human rights and civil liberties would be curtailed, and by whose authorization? How would any of this differ from "Minority Report," other than its lack of precision?